DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I itch all the time all over my body which causes men to scratch.

I itch all the time all over my body which causes men to scratch. I am now ncovered in spots. Nothing seems to help.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloItching without a rash and spots from scratching dictate the need for a visit to an internal medicine doctor.First, however, the skin could be biopsied and sent to the lb, if there is any rash.Systemic problems that can cause the itching and scratching areallergyiron deficiencyparasiteshidden infection or hidden malignancypolycythemia veraheavy metal toxicityother poisons , alcohol, liver or kidney problems.DiabetesB vitamin deficienciesOther OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.Given this listInternal medicine doctor is needed for exam and testing.