Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

This Christmas will 3 years from me getting my heal caught

Customer Question

Hi this Christmas will 3 years from me getting my heal caught in a drain in a local garage and damaging the ligaments along the top of my foot. It took weeks before being weigh bearing and monthe for there to be no pain u would estimate 8 to 12 moths.
Ever since it now ceases and chicks back into place. It's not painful just a quick sharp pain give it a wiggle make it click and it's fine again. But recently my toes the whole top of my foot and on really bad days up my leg is now numb !
At the time Colchester General didn't give me and X-ray. I strapped it up and just got on with it. I'm 40 in good heath and busy mum of 4.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You need x-rays and an MRI of the foot and ankle to address this.You probably had a grade 3 sprain of the ankle but you may also have had an avulsion fracture-where the sprained tendon pulls off a piece of bone in the metatarsalYou may also have either a pinched nerve or a neuroma--a growth on the nerve arising from the injuryAnd you need to see an orthopedic surgeon since you may need surgery for this before it becomes a worse problem for youLet me know if you need more information please