Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have red spots with white heads In my mouth that are very

I have red spots with white heads In my mouth that are very painful, it hurts in my mouth when I try to drink or eat. The pain is very painful, I have some photos I can upload
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--the photos would help greatly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thanks David
How long have you had these and has a doctor looked at them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've had them for 2 days now. On Sunday night i felt very shivery when i woke up the next day i had a bad sore mouth/throat, when i woke up this morning the pain had got worse.The pain seems like its coming from my mouth appose to my throat but my throat does hurt as well.

I haven't seen a doctor about these yet.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
This looks like a herpes virus type ! infection--the same virus that causes cold sores and not the genital herpes type of virus.

It will pass in time but I suggest you see a doctor about it to get a prescription for acyclovir which will quickly take care of it and shorten the time span of the infection

Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks doctor, How can i have caught Herpes, is it a viral infection? or do you catch it another way? Also i have a full course of Amoxycillin will that help?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's a viral infection and many people have it from childhood.

No, amoxicillin covers bacteria but not viruses--acyclovir is specific for viruses
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Doctor,

How long with or without medication will it take before the sores disappear? And do i expect this to get worse or will it start healing now?

I appreciate that you have already spent some time with me so i will rate you now but would appreciate if you could answer my final question.