Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Over the past month I have been getting muscle twitching,

Hi, Over the past month I have been getting muscle twitching, not all day but parts of the day which last 5 minutes.Not sure what's causing this
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
Mostly the reason for twitching is nervousness or stress. A lack of magnesium should be excluded.
Of course there are neurological diseases like ALS that cause twitching, too. But very, very rarely they are the reason for it (it seems different when you google...), and they combine twitching with paralysis of thumb, hand or another body part.
So please get some rest, some good sleep and have your magnesium tested. Hopefully everything will disappear soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently had a baby and this only developed a month ago the baby is now two months. I haven't had much sleep and the stress levels are through the room plus I also suffer from anxiety
This confirms that I am on the right way :-)
Please stay calm and try to get as much rest in between as possible, and please don't google to find creepy stories.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I agree with you, when I google my fears/anxiety when through the roof and started to panic that I developed MND (motor neuron disease**). How long does until the twitching has stopped? until I'm stress free?
I already felt that you fear MND or similar issues, that's why I wrote this.
It may stopp before you are stress free (who is, by the way?), and it may recur again. The less anxious you will be, the better it may become, too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who is? Sorry doctor I don't understand that
I asked: Who is stress free in this world? Nobody, I presume... So stay calm when the twitchning stays with you for a while.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Doctor I will do. I panic a lot with health issue which doesn't help the situation plus with all what's going on this all points to stress ect. I should never google because it cares me to death.