Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I've just found out that I am pregnant. My last period

Customer Question

Hello, I've just found out that I am pregnant. My last period was at the end of June but I've been on a progersterone only pill called cerazette for three and a half months - I haven't had any periods since being on cerazette but last time I was on it I didn't have any periods either. I came off the pill two weeks ago. I went to the doctors last week as for a month or so I've been feeling very bloated with a hard stomach and also constipated.
They gave me some medicine to sort the constipation but I noticed that I still had quite a hard round belly so I took a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side. I haven't had a period since June and just wanted to check if that would mean I must be pregnant from that date or if its possible to get pregnant without a period? My pregnancy test could only tell me that I conceived over 3 weeks ago and I'm I couldn't get a GP appointment for another week so just a bit worried.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

sounds like you must have been pregnant since June

you need to get an ultrasound of your abdomen and baby fetus to check for proper growth and development size.

this will help tell you when your conception date is and when your due date is

you need to avoid alcohol and smoking

you need to be on prenatal vitamins and eat proper healthy meals for nutrition for you and your baby.

eating prunes and drinking more water can help your constipation.

you could be 4-5 months pregnant by now so your hard stomach and bloating is from the baby growing inside of you

have your doctors set you up for a baby ultrasound scan to check on the baby?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
do you have any other questions?