Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have Spondylolisthesis grade5. L5,L4, L3 have been fused

I have Spondylolisthesis grade5. L5,L4, L3 have been fused to my pelvis in 1991 by a very good surgeon in Norwich.
I now live in Portsmouth, and the last three years has been hell! my symptom's has come back, but very different from the original pain I had before. It feels like electric shocks and tingling in my legs (left being worse). Pain in the middle of my right foot. And to top it all, I have partial numbness in my left toe's, foot and ankle and sever cramp. Making me unstable and falling over. I have seen one surgeon I'm not happy with as he wanted to redue the complete fusion! so I asked my original surgeon to look at my MRI but it stated the fusion was sound. Had an MRI but nobody seems to tell me what's happening with my spine. My condition is getting worse.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what your question is.
Please let me know.
Please type in the MRI report
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only have a picture. nobody told me what is happening to my back and I need to find out. As my smptoms are completely different so I don't know whether its slipping again or some other problems

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The other expert has opted outBesides showing that the fusion was stable did the MRI show anything else like a major disk problem? And did your surgeon have any comments about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It will cost to see him and travelling is not easy anymore, but he said there was an alternative way, pinning the above vertebrate to stable the spine.

The third surgeon just wanted to put me in a brace with no explanation, I tried it but it made me worse.

No my surgeon hasn't really explained, that's what I don't under stand, I cant see a slippage. My Dr's have asked for me to see him again in September as my pain levels have got bad, but I am still waiting as he did not like me getting a second opinion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the photo

You have some herniated disks there and that's causing the problem.

You may need additional surgery to correct those

Let me know if you need any other information please
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you which discs?