Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been ill last week and half and it started

Customer Question

Hi, I have been ill for the last week and half and it started with really bad flu like symptoms. I have Aces & Pains, Fever, sweating and weakness. I then come on with a stomach ache a coupe of days in which turned to diarrhea which has now lasted for 5 days. I noticed this morning I had blood in my diarrhea which was bight coloured not dark. I am now very worried and please need some reassurance.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi.First off you need to have all this evaluated right now as in an ER if at all possibleThis is likely a bacterial enteritis as with E coli or C diff or salmonella and needs antibiotic therapyYou most likely are also very dehydrated and you may also need IV fluid rehydrationYou need to consider this an emergency and get to a doctor just as soon as possibleLet me know if you need more information please