Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Last Tuesday evening, I had chicken . However,

Customer Question

Last Tuesday evening, I had chicken for dinner. However, being a student who can not cook
to save their life, I ended up eating not chicken that was not cooked enough which gave me food poisoning as it
would.
By Wednesday morning, I was being sick, bad diarrhoea and a lack of energy.
I looked at the symptoms online on the nhs website and it all seemed connected to food poisoning.
Then Friday, I called a family friend who is a GP and they told me it was food poisoning and just to rest
and it will be by fine by Sunday. Which it is now.
However, on Friday I had a test at university. I spoke to my lecturer the morning of the test and explained
everything and she was fine with it but told me I need to get a letter or an email from a doctor saying it was
food poisoning just so it can go on my records as to why I missed the test.
She told me to email a surgery in Plymouth and they will be fine doing it.
I just need a letter saying I had food poisoning and I carried out the required steps by resting.
Kind regards,
Edward
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. JustAnswer is an online question and answer website. Unfortunately we cannot provide letters or prescriptions. What we are allowed to do is give advice.
If you would like some advice please let me know and I will continue to search for a Professional to assist you. However if you would like your question closed please let me know and I can do that for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I would like more advice then as this cost me £11.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, What is your question?