Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am male age 56. I tore a rotator cuff in my left shoulder

Customer Question

Hi, I am male age 56. I tore a rotator cuff in my left shoulder around 4 years ago. This is now okay, but I am left with very minor cold shoulder symptoms.
Approx 1 year ago I noticed that I had started losing some dexterity in my left arm and hand, almost like a minor stroke. this has now progressed to an inability to tie my shoe laces, inability to to rotate my left hand to face upwards and a constant gnawing feeling of tiredness in my left shoulder. To finalise all this, I have recently noticed a significant tremor in my left hand after exertion. What the heck is going on?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
I personally think that you should be investigated further.
I would do a MRI of your brain to make sure it is normal.
Minor stroke or brain tumors can all cause such symptoms that you are experiencing which is what I would like to rule out.
Also, if you have not had a blood test for vitamin B12 and thyroid --> I would recommend that you should have those tests done as well.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I forgot to say that I have noticed my left hand has also become stolen. Not immediately noticeable, but I can no longer get a glove over the heel of my thumb as the pad is significantly larger than the other hand!!!

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply
You need to be seen and be examined and investigated further preferably by a neurologist but initially by your GP to make sure there is nothing serious or anything to worry about.