Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Dear Dr Love Can you tell me if hyper-Vigilance is a

Dear Dr Love Can you tell me if hyper-Vigilance is a separate diagnosis to GAD and a solely separate diagnosis in its own rite. Many thanks for your kind help in this matter. Regards Philip
Hello again. I am sorry for the delay, but I was away from the computer.
Hypervigilance is not a separate diagnosis. It is considered a symptom or manifestation of an underlying condition, and it is preferred that the underlying condition be the formal diagnosis. Sometimes, when the underlying cause of a symptom is not clear, the doctor can correctly give the symptom as the diagnosis, but there should be effort to diagnose the underlying condition during ongoing care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can this be manifestation be associated to Asperger's syndrome, GAD ,BPD, Alcohol Dependence or all ?which is the most likely do think.
It is most often seen with anxiety disorders.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is panic disorder a diagnosis please
Yes, panic disorder is one of the anxiety disorders that can have hypervigilance as a symptom.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is this a diagnosis it its own rite
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry you have answered that question i believe
Yes, I answered that above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for you help in this matterRegards Phil