Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I had my gaul bladder removed a couple of years ago but still

I had my gaul bladder removed a couple of years ago but still get a pain in the same area any ideas
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
hi there,I am online and will be happy to answer your questions. this is a potential complication and not very uncommon after gall bladder removal. it can be due to one of 3 following reasons.. remaining stone in gall bladder ( ruled out or in with ultrasound of abdomen )sphincter of Oddi dysfunction ( may need ERCP to diagnose and treat this )idiopathic ( no cause found/ functional pain. it is improved after ressurance and over few weeks. i hope this helps. please let me know if you have any questions. kindly leave positive ratings above chat box.thank you
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
I am here to help you and I wish you best health,if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800