DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I enquired yesterday about a painful red lump in my

Hello. I enquired yesterday about a painful red lump in my armpit. I am 52 yrs old and had pain in the armpit area monday on moving and when i felt there was a pea sized lump there. I had a similar thing 4 months ago only in a different part of the same armpit. The lump gradually went away over a week or so. Now this lump seemed to appear suddenly with pain and you can see the swelling and redness with the eye. It is very tender but not terribly painful, sore when i move in bed etc. In the last 24 hrs it seems to have got even larger. It is now grape sized and and I am so very worried it may be something sinister. I have a dr appt but not until next wednesday! I am so certain this could be a cancerous problem and am suffering with terrible anxiety. There is no head or break on the skin the lump seems under the skin although the skin surface is red. Im not sure what to do and very very scared. I have had a cough and sore throat this week too. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloSinister lumps to not come, go away, and come back.This makes this most likely a cyst. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.