Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

When I use the loo pee or poo quite a large amount of

When I use the loo for a pee or poo quite a large amount of blood comes out of my rectum but stops once I have finished
What is the problem? I recently under went body Tite surgery a week ago . Is it related?
I have experienced this problem before however over the past 15 years but very sporadically
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
What is body tight surgery?are you taking any pain killers?constipation?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely internal hemorrhoid related issue.Often causes painless bleeding.Persistent blood in stool or rectal bleeding can be due to the other cause also:1. Polyps or tumors in the colon and rectum2. inflammatory bowel disease like ulcerative colitis3. Angiodyplasia or abnormal blood vessel in the colon wall4. Diverticulitis --or inflammation of the colon ouchesYou should follow a high fiber diet and take a stool softener daily to keep your stool soft.Metamucil and senna tablets can be together for better action.Sitz bath is recommended for possible hemorrhoid treatment.Sitz bath is a bowl of warm water to sit on to relax the anal muscles and improve blood circulation in the hemorrhoids.Recent surgery also can play a role from pain medications causing hard stool .That should improve with stool softener.Please discuss with your doctor also.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm a different expert and while this could be from a hemorrhoid it could also be from an anal fissure or a colon polyp or even inflammatory bowel diseaseIf it is just a hemorrhoid that isn't too serious but any time a patient has blood coming from the rectum they should see their doctor for an exam and possibly colonoscopy if the doctor feels it's warrantedSo please see your doctor about this as soon as possible
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.