Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

2 days ago i had an open inguinal hernia repair, a large cut

Customer Question

2 days ago i had an open inguinal hernia repair, a large cut was made and i am stedily resting after having a local spinal anathetic for my lower waist. The problem is my scrotum is about the size of a hippos, well this go down eventually and any way of making myself more comfortable.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
This is not an uncommon occurrence after hernia surgery repair and the fluid will be absorbed in a few days
For now you can apply an ice pack to the scrotum keep it elevated with a small pillow or folded towel underneath but you'll just have to give it time to resolve
Let me know if you need any more information please