Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been on fluoxetine 60mg because I have genetic

I have been on fluoxetine 60mg for years because I have genetic depression.however just recently I have been struggling with extreme tiredness and feeling weepy, pains in my chest when I am exhausted as I have a six year old son who keeps me on me toes and hold down a part time school kitchen assistant .I also have a 16 year olds daughter.couldn't manage if my partner wasn't so good to me.he is my rock.
I wonder how much longer I will feel like this and hope menopause will settle my mood without having to take hrt.mum had breast cancer after taking hrt so I do not want to try this.had a uteral ablation 4 years ago .my mums sister was 46 when she had menopause and her daughter was 45.mum was on hrt so don't know what age she would have stopped naturally .Any advice would be much appreciated,thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a 47 year old woman.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My periods have been irregular for two years now and feel flat most of the time.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
you can ask your doctor to get blood testing to check your estrogen (estradiol) and FSH and LH levels to see if you are getting close to menopause
if you are having pains in your chest, you want to make sure it is not due to your heart.
your doctor can do testing of your heart like blood test and EKG to make sure your heart is not causing your chest pain.
there are antidepressants such as cymbalta which can treat depression and help body pains associated with depression.
you also want to get your thyroid hormone levels checked as well
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com