Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

What could be the cause of severe pain in stomach that travels

What could be the cause of severe pain in stomach that travels up my back between my shoulders. My urine is very dark colour.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
this pain could be due to severe acid reflux and gastritis inflammation of your stomach which can be due to excessive stomach acid.
dehydration or a urinary tract infection can cause very dark color urine.
you need to see a doctor to get a urinalysis to check your urine for infection and blood.
medications like co codomol can upset our stomach and cause constipation as well
you might need strong stomach acid blockers like nexium or protonix to decrease acid reflux and gastritis.
you should see a doctor right away at the hospital or A&E department
they can check your urine there as well
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is a very serious symptom.This can be due to the acute pancreatitis --inflammation of pancreas from viral infection or even medications you are taking.Aortic aneurysm while rupturing can cause severe pain like this.Kidney stones are another possibility.Perforating gastric ulcer is another serious possibility.Please go to the local hospital without delay.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD