Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have had a chest X-ray because I had crackling in my chest.I

Customer Question

I have had a chest X-ray because I had crackling in my chest.I was told my lungs were clear
However my Diaphragm appeared to be larger on my right side can you explain this please
MaryF
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Larger diaphragm means it is flattened on the right side.Diaphragm is dome shaped normally.Flattening can occur with diaphragmatic paralysis on the affected side.Or lung infection can cause also cause this.If you do not have any cough, fever or shortness of breath, then lung infection is unlikely.Diaphragmatic paralysis is still possible which can be tested by checking out phrenic nerve testing.COPD is another likely cause as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidif you are looking at your own chest xray, it is normal for the right diaphragm to be higher than the left one.that is because your liver is below your right diaphragm and pushes up on the diaphragm.this is normal for everyonethe liver is below the right diaphragm.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com