Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Pls help me. I am a chronic pain patient with artificial

Customer Question

Hello. Pls help me. I am a chronic pain patient with artificial jaw joints both severely painful, fibromyalgia, a prolapsed spinal disc and others. I have taken opiates in some form for over 18 years and undergone over forty operations in that time.
I have had depression since 2003 and it is worse now than ever as my divorce is almost over and my little girl of 8 who isy life isn't happy where we have moved to.
This week I took two separate lots of paracetamol 12 tablets of 500mg and in the last two weeks I have taken too much morphine due to my pain and I just wanted an escape from all the thoughts in my brain (not to die). One time I took 250mg (my usual dose is 30mg 5 x daily as I am so tolerant) and the second time I took over 350mg and they barely affected me but NOW I AM TERRIFIED I MAY HAVE HARMED MYSELF
could I have given myself liver and or renal failure and should I go to hospital urgently
Thank you very much for your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My current symptoms are back pain at the sides like when I have a UTI, not feeling with it mentally, a bad pressure headache, not weeing as much and my hearing seems less but with awful tinnitus and I feel very nauseous. Pls help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also itchy which is why I even thought about my liver as I know you can get itchy with liver problems. I am getting increasingly anxious with this. Pls help me ASAP thanks
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, You may be suffering from acetaminophen toxicity and need investigations done to diagnose this or to rule out the toxicity. So yes I feel you need to go to the hospital urgently. Your serum acetaminophen level needs to be checked. If this is above it needs to be treated. Please don't delay further. Take care. Please rate the answer with an excellent five star positive rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am scared to go to the hospital as I am a lone parent 200 miles from my family with no one who can look after my daughter if I get kept in. How long does treatment take do you know?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. I understand your situation. Hopefully the investigations will rule out the toxicity and no treatment will then be required. However even if treatment is required this can be in patient or out patient based on severity. So I cannot say how long will this take. If the toxicity is not severe then in probably a day you may be discharged for outpatient treatment. Take care. Please rate the answer with an excellent five star positive rating. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Please don't forget to rate the answer with five stars. If you any more questions please ask.