Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

2 years ago my ecg showed lbbb. i had echo, stress test,

Customer Question

Hi; 2 years ago my ecg showed lbbb. i had echo, stress test, myocardial perfusion test and they were all normal. I exercise 3-4 times a week. would this affect my ability to exercise?(ended up with severe health anxiety because of this please help)
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.LBBB in itself should not affect your ability to exercise particularly if all your other tests like echo, stress test and mycardial perfusion tests were all normal.Have you had any other tests done for your reduced ability to exercise like blood tests?Please let me know.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i had high rbc and haemoglobin due to smoking rbi:6.30 hemaglobin:17.9
it was confirmed that due to smoking
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would lbbb affect my life span as i am really freaked out.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
So there is the most likely cause.You need to quit smoking.Smoking in itself can also cause reduced exercise tolerance.Smoking can cause one to have pulmonary disease (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) that can also lead to reduced exercise tolerance.A lot of smoking leads to reduces oxygenation of the blood that leads to a high hemoglobin.The main thing that can lead to reduced lifespan in your case is smoking.LBBB in itself, should not cause reduced life span if all other tests relating to your heart are normal like you mention.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so would i call lbbb benign is my case and stop thinking about it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks. that was my last question.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
In your case the LBBB is most likely benign and yes you should stop thinking about it.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the stars at your end.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi;i forgot to ask this. my heart is keep missing a beat and continue with a strong beat recently. could this be related to lbbb or another problem?
(i had my last ecg and echo 4 months ago)
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
This may be related to you having a premature ventricular contraction (PVC) or a premature atrial contraction (PACs).Not something to worry about a great deal as far as I am concerned.Let me know if you have more questions.I would appreciate it if you could accept the additional services offer.Kindest regards