Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I would be very great full if you could help me please.

Hi I would be very great full if you could help me please. I feel like I have something stuck in my throat and it won't go down. I have heartburn on and off. My neck is tender to the touch on the right hand side as well. I keep burping too. I have a tender spot on my back near my shoulder blade.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
are you able to drink water?
you could have a swollen tonsil in the back of your throat
or acid reflux damage to your throat.
you might need stronger stomach acid blockers like nexium or protonix to decrease stomach acid.
you should go see a doctor at the hospital or A&E department and have a doctor look down the back of your throat to see what is going on.
are you willing to go to a local hospital to see a doctor now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm actually going for an endoscopy soon. I'm very worried about it. My father died from oesphagael cancer also. Before all this stated I was attending the doctor as I had very bad breastfeeding pain behind the nipped I don't know if this is related or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant breast pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm quite overweight as well 19stone 5'5 and I'm 30.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm managing to drink water yes
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your breast pain most likely is not related to your acid reflux and throat symptoms.
the more anxiety, the more stomach acid you are making
if you are able to swallow liquids and foods, you most likely don't have an esophageal cancer.
but you do need to control your stomach acid
and avoid foods, alcohol, tomato sauce, spicy foods, black pepper and other foods which can worsen stomach acid.
at your age, I am not worried about cancer
but you do have to exercise and cut your calories and loose weight
you should get your thyroid hormone levels checked. low thyroid hormones can cause weight gain.
you should get checked for polycystic ovarian syndrome which can cause weight gain in women as well.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.