Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 11 year old son is having ear ache last 3 days.

My 11 year old son is having ear ache for the last 3 days. He has blocked nose , cough and cold too. He already had 4 courses of anti biotics to treat ear infection including pus discharge few month ago. My tip to walk in surgery didn't give him any anti biotics please advise
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your son.
If his symptoms do not improve in the next 24 to 48 hours he will likely require a course of an antibiotic considering his previous history.
At the present moment I would recommend continuing the medications that he is already taking as it seems likely to be a viral infection more than anything else.
I would also recommend using over-the-counter xylometazoline nasal spray or drops to help open up his nose and to help with his symptoms.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.