Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Can i ask about alchohol

can i ask about alchohol
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
Yes sure please go ahead and ask your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
want to stop drinking as i am taking too much ,am frightend to stop as i couldnt take the side affects ,could you please tell what i could take to get me through
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
How much do you drink and how frequent?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything?Please let me know.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about three bottles of vodka a week for sometime now and wine at times .am on citralropram for nerves at the minute,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could you tell me what i could do to help with withdrawl as i frightend off that
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the late response.For the withdrawal symptoms you would require help in the form of medications that belong to the benzodiazepine group.One of the most commonly used one is chlordiazepoxide.Other medications like alprazolam or lorazepam belong to the same group can also be used.You must be in close followup with your doctor during the withdrawal phase.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars at your end.Kind regards