Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Information on primary schloris cholingitis

information on primary schloris cholingitis
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for this question.You are referring to primary sclerosing cholangitis or PSCThis is a condition of the bile ducts in the liver that is often associated with ulcerative colitis but not always.It is progressive and may cause liver damage/failure over time. This is usually over the course of years Here is an article from Mayo ClinicLet me know if you need more informationhttp://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/primary-sclerosing-cholangitis/basics/definition/con-20029446
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
If you have more questions, just reply :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have had ulcerative colitis for over 40 years and have had primary sclorising colingitis for many years operation is not possible just wanted to know what to expect in the final stages
Your liver will fail in the final stages.You will become jaundiced and probably have kidney failure as well.I would consider going on hospice when the time comes.Without hospice, it will be a painful death.I'm very sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your honest answer to my question and for your advice it will help me to arrange the future in the meantime i intend to carry on with the things i enjoy doing for as long as possible many thanks again teresa
you're welcome Teresa. Good luck to you Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it