Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Past 14 days I've been suffering with flu like aches

Customer Question

for the past 14 days I've been suffering with flu like aches and pains, but no flu. A headache most mornings is common along with stiffness in joints and shoulders/neck. Occasional night sweats and cramps in the calves. 2 - 4 painkillers a day seem to relieve the symptoms only for them to start all over again the next day. It doesn't seem worrying enough to go to the doctor but I don't want to keep on taking painkillers. I'm not currently on any medication at all.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Have you had any blood tests done for this or any other recent blood tests done for any other problem?
do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything?
Please let me know.