Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 16 months old son has had fever days, and is on antibiotics

Customer Question

my 16 months old son has had fever for 5 days, and is on antibiotics for ear infection since saturday, but tempreture is not going doen unless we give him neurofen ... and then back again up to 40. the emergency and gp dont see the need of blood test, i dont know what to do, worried sick
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. At this point he needs to see the doctor again since the antibiotics probably need to be changedHe needs re-examination and I definitely think he also needs blood workFor now you can keep giving him the neurofen and plenty of fluidsLet me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in the netherlands they r not keen on preventive medicine, and untill the kid is recognising me they said its not to worry... what i want ti know is what are the possible symptoms that if untreated this can be developed into meningitus?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Severe headache, neck stiffness, unusual drowsiness, balance problems
But for now this doesn't sound like meningitis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i sure hope so, will try again tomorrow to convince gp to check his blood just in case....
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you