Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My Wife is in distress and thats putting it mildly,she has

My Wife is in distress and thats putting it mildly,she has this terrible itch,like red spots or blotch's mainly on back but some on her buttocks and on the front of her boby,we paid to see a consultant because of the long waiting list,she prescribed dermovate and double based gel also hyroxyzine hydrochloride 1 30mg aday that was approx 3months ago, went back to see consultant last thursday, eurax Hc cream and gel again and without examining her said she would book a skin biopsy,it would take approx 8 weeks to arrange,my wife is not in good health she has been in hospital 7 times in the last 12months suffering from COPD bronchiectasis,mild emphysema/osa intolerant ofbipap, prev itu adm for severe penumonia with candida septicemioa,i am my wits end what to do next,i hope you can help me,thankyou mr w. pearson
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of the red spots?
Is she still taking the hydroxyzine?
Could you list any medicines she is taking for her other medical problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
salbutamol as needed
amitriptyline 1 50mg tablet at night
senna 7.5gm 2 taken at night
fruosemide 140mg 1 IN MORNING
atorvastatin 40mg 1 at night
tiotropium bromide 18microgram inhalation powder capsules 1 daily
omeprazole 20gm twice a day
dilzem xl [teva uk ltd] 1 a day
irbesartan 150mg 1 a day
ferous sulfate 200mg 3 times a day
gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day
buprenorphine 5micrograms/hour transdermal patches one per week
"""""""""""""""""20micrograms/hour""""""""""""""""""""""" one per week
symbicort 400/12 inhalation powder [budesonide /formoterol fumarate dihydrate 2dose in morning 2doses at nightyes she is taking hydroxyzineI don't want a membership,all i contacted you for was to see if you could diagnose my wife's problem be cause we did not know which way to turn and were at our wits endsorry cannot send picture not computer savvythey are not open sores but with scratching she is making her skin bleed
The system does not indicate that you have a membership - only this question.
The best statement of what may be causing the spots would be via a review of a picture of the spots. Since a picture is not possible, from your description, it sounds inflammatory. However, there are several types of inflammatory skin conditions, such as eczema, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and seborrheic dermatitis. Of these conditions, an atopic dermatitis is more likely to cause more significant itching.
I ask about medicines because one of the considerations when someone has persistent skin inflammation and itching is whether it could be a reaction of a medicine. While someone can react to almost any medicine, some are more likely to cause a skin reaction, and of the medicines that she is taking, the furosemide is the medicine that would be most likely to cause a reaction.
If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received your diagnosis thank you,don't want further advice,if i do in future i will contact you,no free trial or membership required.W.Pearson
Very good.
I am glad that I could be of assistance.
Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.