Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My husband is a diabetic and in insulin dependant, he has made

Customer Question

My husband is a diabetic and in insulin dependant, he has made no lifestyle changes since being diagnosed, he is a heavy drinker, and drinks every day of the week, he consumes three bottles of bourbon whisky and three bottles of wine and states that this does not effect his diabetes in the short or long term. please advise.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--he definitely is an alcoholic and that's certainly not helping either his diabetes or his kidneys and liver.
It would be very hard for him to keep tight control on his blood sugars which all that alcohol consumption
He really needs to stop drinking if at all possible and he needs to talk to his doctor about this
Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping that you would provide me with possible effects if he continues, I am aware of the all of the above.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem but what exactly do you mean about possible effects?