Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Been back on weekday 50mg 3 weeks now after forgetting to take

Customer Question

Been back on weekday 50mg 3 weeks now after forgetting to take it for days/a couple of weeks. Moved away to collage for 8 weeks in Aug, could not complete the course! No concentration on assignments, although I tried, I was not satisfied with my own work. The ocd came back. I couldn't' concentrate I'be been trying for the past 3weeks to get things done daily, including walking. Today I just gave up due to ocd overwhelming me. Just too much! I'be been here several times before but feel this time I feel never get better. And even if I do there's nothing for me in life to look forward to! I'm single, I don't work, I'm in debt, my dad died Sep14......
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi.What medication are your referring to and what exactly is your question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Been back on seroxat 50mg now for 3 weeks after forgeting to take it for several days/ couple of weeks whilst at collage. Prior to this was continuously tataking it for almost a year.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--thanks but I'm still unclear as to your question here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Feel so bad right now! Been trying up to yesterday but can't keep up with my ocd. Just did nothing today and feel awful.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--were you on the Seroxat before and, if so, was it helping with your OCD?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am I ever going to get better? how long after not taking weekday does it leave your system and when you go back on it again what weeks are the worst?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes started on 20mg 30mg and 40mg since at least 2008 but like recently I'd forget to take it or get careless about it when I'd forget!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Usually it is out of one's system in about two weeks
When you restart it it may take up to six weeks to kick in again so you still need to give it time
That said, if you haven't been getting counseling for the problem with a PhD psychologist I strongly advise you to do so since that will also help get you through this period
Let me know if you need any more information please