How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 32777
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Hot flushes, boneache, palpitation and abdominal pain

Resolved Question:

Hot flushes, boneache, palpitation and abdominal pain
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
HiHow long has this been going on and please tell me more about the abdominal pain and the palpitations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For 3-4months, central umbilical pain and epigastric pain.
Bloods for infection, Hpylori , thyroid , calcium , Na , K normal
There is weakness and discomfort after food
Noted bowel habit changes between constipation and diarrhae
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ok--did you have stool cultures and a ct scan of your abdomen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, CT scan normal, stool culture normal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How about colonoscopy and what did your doctors say about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They requested gastroscopy
They said it can be endocrine
As scan normal , also MRI of small bowel is normal
They thought about carcinoid
No geart disease
However I am not sure which endocrine tests needed for such symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be porphyria?
Can it be phaechromcytoma
VMA is normal in urine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had MRI of the heart and was normal
I get sinus tachycardia of 130 and sometimes irregular heart rate
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Pheo is still possible as is carcinoid and I would send you to an endocrinologist to evaluate for those.
I doubt porphyria but blood tests would check for that
And you also need upper and lower endoscopy
Let me know if you need any more information please
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you