Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I weigh 14 stone and I am about 5-6 ft tall, first question

Customer Question

I weigh 14 stone and I am about 5-6 ft tall, first question is that a good weight for someone that age and height? The other question I have is I have plans to eat Pizza tonight from Pizza Hut deliervery
a medium pizza to my self with 2 sides and a dessert, if I do this will I end up in hospital, I had a chicken takeaway last night with chips and I will have one today as I only rule my self to 1-2 takeaways a week, I am very worried will it be safe to have
Pizza tonight? If I then change my diet next week and start a diet plan? Will it be safe to eat one more takeaway before I start my diet plan next week?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.If you are 6 ft tall, then your weight almost ok.You are overweight by about 20 lbs only.If you are 5ft 6 in, then you are overweight by about 40 lbs.I medium pizza, 2 sides and a dessert will not end you up in the hospital.However, I will suggest you avoid dessert if possible which has more detrimental effect on weight.One take away a week is allowed.Your diet should controlled --1400 to 1600 kcal diet to lose weight with a good exercise regimen.You should eat more fesh fruits, vegetables, and high protein diet.Low amount of carbohydrates preferred --so avoid cake, dessert, soda, sugar, white bread, white rice etc.Whole grains, lean poultry, seafood baked are good.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/