Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have periodic sensations of heat in the outer side of my

I have periodic sensations of heat in the outer side of my lower left leg / calf ; there is no pain or swelling ; it feels as though I am resting it against a warm radiator or the sun is shining on it. It comes and goes several times a day for the last 4 days or so.
Bruce. Male 51 yrs old, not over weight, exercise regularly but sit at a desk all day Mon - Fri.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi BruceThis is a nerve irritation problemIt is either from a sciatic nerve pinch or it could be from a disk problem in your lower backIt could be just from all the sitting you do but if it doesn't stop after a few more days you should have a doctor examine you.Let me know if you need any more information please
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Since there is no skin rash, this is not likely a dermatological condition.Sensory nerve disorder can cause these symptoms.Nerves supplying these areas can cause abnormal sensation.Can be due to underlying spine degenerative disc dsiease, or inflammatory nerve disorders.You can try prescription medication as following:Amitriptyline 25 to 50 mg at bedtme daily.Or Hydroxyzine 25 to 50 mg 2- tiems dailyOr Gabapentin 300 to 900 mg daily.A neurologist also should be consulted with.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. Dr Basu basically told you what I did but you don't need a neurologist at this point. Just see your regular doctor and he can determine if you need any specialized testing
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD