Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a long flight tomorrow and one of my ears is blocked

I have a long flight tomorrow and one of my ears is blocked with wax. Is it safe to fly?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That should not be a problem.However, you may use peroxide ear drops to soften the wax and then clear out with syringing device if possible.Your ear drum should not be affected during flight.Some ear discomfort may be experienced but not significant.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/