Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 76 years old and I find that I get severe back ache

I am 76 years old and I find that I get severe back ache when standing for more than 10 mins. I am finding it difficult to do the everyday chores - even the washing up. Strangely I am OK when on the move ; shopping etc. Is it just OLD AGE? I have to admit
I don't do much in the way of exercise.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
HI and thanks for query,You might have problem with your spine mostly age related, can be because of disc or pressure on nerve roots that cause pain while standing. I would suggest you should visit pain physician to get it thoroughly examined. you might need physiotherapy or a steriod injection in your back which would relieve inflammation and pressure on nerves.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.