How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7313
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I am 76 years old and I find that I get severe back ache

Resolved Question:

I am 76 years old and I find that I get severe back ache when standing for more than 10 mins. I am finding it difficult to do the everyday chores - even the washing up. Strangely I am OK when on the move ; shopping etc. Is it just OLD AGE? I have to admit
I don't do much in the way of exercise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
HI and thanks for query,You might have problem with your spine mostly age related, can be because of disc or pressure on nerve roots that cause pain while standing. I would suggest you should visit pain physician to get it thoroughly examined. you might need physiotherapy or a steriod injection in your back which would relieve inflammation and pressure on nerves.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Dr Uzair and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions