Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

22 years old. Recently had persistent thrush time.

22 years old. Recently had persistent thrush for first time. Had confirmed thrush for a month before treatment worked (not diabetic or hiv positive). I also had the following ruled out- chlam, gon, syph, bv, tv and trich. I do not have thrush anymore (nearly 2weeks) confirmed with swabs. However I am having strange discharge. It is not offensive or a strange colour and I am not itchy. My discharge is just different. It is thinner and not mucusy as I am used to. It is not heavy. Its just thin and watery and I dont see why I am not back to normal after treating the thrush.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
It is probably bacterial vaginosisAfter an infection, the normal bacteria that live in that area can be disruptedThis causes bacterial vaginosis. It is treated with an antibiotic called metronidazole
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I ruled bv out with microscopy plus no smell. Are there any other non bacterial non fungal conditions that could cause thin watery discharge? With no other symptoms and no problems before the thrush is it safe to assume its probably "upset flora"
exactlyit could just be physiologic discharge