Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had a constant Loud High Pitched ringing in my right

Customer Question

Hi, I have had a constant Loud High Pitched ringing in my right ear and painful throbbing pain on the left side of my chest towards the underneath of my left arm for around 2 months now. I am a 40 year old male, who exercises regularly. I have recently quit smoking after 20 years, however I believe that the pain in my chest is unrelated to this. Please can you advise as the pain and ringing has been affecting my well being now for between 2-3 months
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome
The right ear problem is called tinnitus and it can be caused by an infection, an inner ear problem, or, sometimes a cervical disk problem
The left sided chest/arm pain may be a problem with your rotator cuff
If you haven't seen a doctor about all this you should and you need an MRI of the head and neck and of the left shoulder to start with
Let me know if you need any more information please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my answer?