Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have had a constant High pitched ringing in my right

I have had a constant High pitched ringing in my right ear for about 2 months now, I went to a nurse to have it cleaned thinking that would stop it however it has not. I also have had a constant throbbing pain in the left side of my chest to underneath my armpit of the same amount of time, I recently have quit smoking after 20 years. I ave now recently within the past 2 weeks also developed a droning sound in my left ear. Needless to say I am getting extremely worried. I am a 40 year old male, very ft and have had n real medical problems in my lifetime. Is this a problem to be concerned about? I have not been near any loud bangs or noises that would cause these problems with my ears? As for the chest symptoms the pain subsides for a while after exercise.
Regards,
Robert
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor are you still there?
I'm here.Do you take any meds?
well the chest pain needs checked immediatelyas a former smoker, you are much higher risk of heart diseasethe ringing in the ears could just be tinnitus but that needs checked as wellI would try to get seen ASAP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on penicillin and antibiotics for a insect bite I received about a month ago, would this have had an effect?
Yes, it could.Many medicines can cause tinnitus or ringing in the earsPlease don't forget a positive rating. If you have more questions, just reply :)