DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Sometime ago I received four verrucas on my

Sometime ago I received four nasty verrucas on my right foot after using a communal shower.
Thankfully I was able to removed the pests with a treatment cream and then file them off, however three of them left small holes on my soles. Also, the area around the holes has changed; every time I shower, white rings form around the holes, and it's very annoying to see.
I've tried different solutions: pumice, file, and foot scalpel, but the skin doesn't seem to change.
I drew blood once with the scalpel while trying to shave the skin with hole, and I'm not sure if the problem is that the holes are too deep for myself to do anything about it.
Should I see a doctor about it with foot surgery in mind?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloSee a podiatrist.This would be minor surgery.There is still probably wart virus there. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see...I stopped using bazuka gel a while ago... If I drew blood when I scalpeled it, is the virus to deep for me to administer it myself, and surgery the only route?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
yes please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.