Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been bleeding weeks or so. Very heavy and light

Customer Question

I have been bleeding for 3 weeks or so. Very heavy and light spotting. I didn't bleed at all yesterday but today I am. I called the duty doctor he gave me tablets to stop the bleeding, yet he didn't see my notes before hand it was a conversation over the phone. I've had two etopic pregnancies in which I have no Fallopian tubes. Can you help my periods are normally on time and last four days. Laura
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
your long bleeding could be from several causes
it could be due to fibroid bleeding
it could be due to trauma from sex causing a tear or laceration.
it could be from an infection in the vagina or pelvis.
you need to make an appointment to see your GP doctor for a gyn examination and uterine ultrasound to check for urine fibroids and to check for vaginal infection.
have you been sexually active?
you also need pregnancy testing if you have been sexually active. pregnancy or loss of pregnancy can also bleeding for 3 weeks as well.