Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Top lip and between lip and nose and upper mouth have swelled,are

Customer Question

top lip and between lip and nose and upper mouth have swelled,are looking puffy, , feel slightly sore. have applied ice pack to it, which has helped a little,took a couple of sudafed congestion and headache relief as have abit of a cold coming, and needed a good night sleep, am i having recaction
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes this is likely an allergic reaction.You may have reacted to one of the ingredients in the preparation.Besides applying ice pack, you can take Benadryl or diphenhydramine 25 mg 2 tablets to reduce the swelling.If in the unlikely case the swelling involves your tongue, throat causing breathing problem, then you will need IV steroids in the hospital to control the reaction.In most cases, this will subside with benadryl alone.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/