Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Dizzy all day and night, drowsy weeks

dizzy all day and night, drowsy for 2 weeks
HiThere are a few possibilities here--Benign vertigo from an inner ear inflammationLow thyroidAnemiaA possible sinus infectionYou need to see a doctor for an exam and blood tests to see exactly what the problem isPlease let me know if you need more information Seri
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, i had my blood test last month as a random check up in thailand and everything was fine. It all started after I came bak from scotland where I had very less sleep for 3 nights. When I got back to England on the 5th of November I started coughing and getting soar throat at night but then all that went away, and I started having dizziness symptoms all day and night and light headed. I did seek emergency doctor and he said it could be middle ear infection, but i feel no pressure in my ear or pain, only pressure around my head. And they purscribed me with Prochlorperazine but i don't know if that is helpful.
OK. Then you need an MRI of your head to look for something called an acoutic neuroma--a tumor of the cranial nerve to the ear
Simple vertigo doesn't last for this long a time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is your definition of vertigo, i don't feel that things are spinning around me. I just feel that my body is tired and dizzy all the time. I have done MRI 2 months ago due to my nerve injury from lifting weights, but everything was fine with my nerves, can u think of anything else that could cause me to feel dizzy straight out of bed till whole day and night.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My sleeps are fine though
Vertigo is being off balance and feeling like the room is spinning around
What blood tests did you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i do not feel that the room is spinning. Just dizzy and tired legs. Ive had few months ago on everything, even thyroid, doctor said everything is fine. I do suffer from panic attacks tho, but this cannot be the symptom as I have spoken to psychiatrist.
What was your TSH level?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't remember, but I'm going to see a doctor tmww.
Well check and see and then let me know what it is please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, do u think it is the acoutic neuroma--a tumor of the cranial nerve, because I feel no pain or pressure on my ear, it feels perfectly fine, I did have a cold and cough tho before suffering from these ongoing dizziness and fatigue. NO fever by the way.
What exactly do you mean by dizzy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
lightheaded an eyes dropping, and sensitivity to light, when I concentrate I feel like a nerve pull behind my head, and both my legs feel tired as if they are going to have a cramp when I walk.
Then it isn't likely an acoustic neuroma but you may be hypothyroid which is why I need to know your TSH level
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, it may be that. Anyway I will go doctor tomorrow and have it checked. Do u know the treatment of hypothroid?
Yes--a medication like levothyroxine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, Ive had this for two weeks now, do you think its anything serious? Could anything happen to me, and what should I avoid?
If it's low thyroid that isn't serious so long as it gets treated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh okay, thank you.. will have a check tmw with blood test and further investigations
My pleasure--let me know how it goes