Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am a 68 year old man, with lots of health problems including

Hi. I am a 68 year old man, with lots of health problems including colostomy owing to Abscess welded to my bowel and bladder, over quite some time now I have been having problems with being woken up with pain in my lower bowel area it seems like it is near to the stiches I can feel on where they must have separated the bowel from the bladder, I wake up with the pain and I feel very odd My head and ears seem like they are bursting with the throbbing and my mouth goes very dry, I take 2 Co codemol 30/500 but it takes a long time to settle and I feel really bad after this . It also feels like my stools are having problems passing through my bowel.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,There are many reasons of this kind of pain. It could be because of infection and inflammation in the area and could be because of bladder and urine infection. There is possibility of stoma obstruction as you find difficulty in passing stool. You need to be examined properly.I would suggest you must visit your doctor to get thorough examination and might need an ultrasound to see what is going on there so that any infection or inflammation should be treated timely. You need to take omeprazole for gastritis it would help. Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.