Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a tight calf that in frequently over last few days

Customer Question

I have a tight calf that in frequently over last few days has a burning sensation. For years I have had ibs ie results in irritable bladder - doesn't always empty so can go a few times in succession but can also go hours without going! Could calf burning be a disease eg ms or is my stress/anxiety misplaced?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Does this burning come and go? Do you have any associated leg tremors? Any vision problem etc? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The burning comes and goes yes, it is infrequent and doesn't last more than what seems like a few minutes. No leg tremors and no eye issues thanks
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms, I would like to reassure you that it is not MS. With few days history MS can't be suspected and that too for a symptom that is not persistent. There are no associated vision problem and that is a good sign. As per your description, this is a nerve compression locally in your calf or at knee joint. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tablet Aleve twice daily for 7 days and any OTC multivitamin that contains B12 for a month is what you need. If symptoms persist after 10 days, see your doctor as you might need physical therapy but I again reassure you that there is no need to worry about MS or anything serious. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aleve is not available in largest store ie Boots the chemist - is there an alternate ? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the inconvenience. Ask for tablet Advil and take thrice daily. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry to be clear if your eye twitched a little is this ms or tiredness and stress? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
In that case, stress or deficiency of calcium is likely. It can't be MS with this short history. Regards