Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Doctor my mom as been to the doctors with pain one of her

Customer Question

hi doctor my mom as been to the doctors with pain one of her breasts and was told she had a eczma type rash on both nipples but not around the nipple, no redness or discharge and a bit more lumpy than the other breast ive googled and all i get is pagets desease which is scaring me to death if it is this could it be benign {i havnt told my mom as i dont want to worry her] my mom is seeing a specialist soon but im really worried about this
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis appears to be an anxiety problem on your part, not a problem with your mother.Your mother already has a diagnosis, and eczema is not a dangerous condition.It can occur just as you described, and her doctor has already made a diagnosis.You need to stay off the internet as it is only fueling your problem.That said, you need to see a clinical psychologist who can teach you cognitive behavioral therapy.This is a method to appropriately integrate your thoughts and emotions. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Paget's disease of nipple is a rare condition occuring in less than 1% cases.It typically causes raw blister like or ulcerated lesion of the nipple extending to the areola.Both side involvement is not common.Also nipple retraction and bloody discharge may be present.Without these features, you should not worry about this condition.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiWe already know that your mother does not have this condition, according to her doctor.If the doctor had any suspicion, a biopsy would have been done.I am sure your mother also has normal mammograms.If the work up has been done and she has a good doctor [exam, up to date on mammograms], then there is no concern.Again, My concern is about you.Your anxiety can be treated, and there are multiple ways.Please click a positive on Dr. Thomas's answer page.You can find me anytime in medical. I am a double board certified US doctor. I will give you safe, accurate, comprehensive answers. Any day of the week.Use "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title of the question, and a request lock.If you have problems communicating with me, talk with customer service about the problem.Good luck.dt
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Paget's disease of nipple is a rare condition occuring in less than 1% cases.It typically causes raw blister like or ulcerated lesion of the nipple extending to the areola.Both side involvement is not common.Also nipple retraction and bloody discharge may be present.Without these features, you should not worry about this condition.Your concern is genuine but as you see, your mother does not seem to have the above features.i agree with the specialist referral for confirmation. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiI am here from 9am to 9pm EST daily.If you find me in medical, we can go over simple measures to address your health anxiety for your mother. If this helps, here is a list of typical symptoms, and your mother simply does not fit the picture.http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pagets-disease-of-the-breast/basics/symptoms/con-20025786That is from the mayo clinic.Her doctor knows this.If you must define the situation, simply make sure her doctor examined her, and that she is up to day on mammogramPlease click a positive here. We are paid per positive rating and for bonuses. dt
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Paget's disease of nipple is a rare condition occuring in less than 1% cases.It typically causes raw blister like or ulcerated lesion of the nipple extending to the areola.Both side involvement is not common.Also nipple retraction and bloody discharge may be present.Without these features, you should not worry about this condition.Your concern is genuine but as you see, your mother does not seem to have the above features.i agree with the specialist referral for confirmation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi again doctor is there a stage 1 pagets {without ulceration and laceration of the nipple just eczma} and any thoughts on one it could be especially with her having a lumpy feeling in one breast wich hurts
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
No there is no such thing.Just lumpy feeling can be benign fibroadenoma --common condition --not serious.However, breast ultrasound, mammogram and a fine needle aspiration biopsy can be performed for confirmation by the specialist.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i understand this is common in young girls my mom is 66years of age is this common as well at her age it is extremely painful as well thanks doctor
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is --painful lump usually not cancerous by the way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it normal to have eczma on the breast with this condition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry doctor i think youve already answered this thanks again youve been a great help
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome