Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Dr. I was found Positive back in December.

Hi Dr. I was found Positive for syphilis back in December. My wife was already pregnant. In her 2nd trimester they did an RPR only and it was negative. She gave birth in May 2015. She had both a RPR and TPHA test done 4 months after giving birth and they were bith negative.Does this mean both mother and child are safe?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes that is correct.Both mother and child are safe.You likely have latent syphilis --no symptoms but positive serology.Latent disease does not easily transmit which explains your wife is disease free.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/