Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am47 female had lower pain in right side of belly painful

Hi i am47 female had lower pain in right side of belly painful when I sit now have pain in top of leg for 6 weeks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Do you have any other symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, urine burning or bowel habit changes? Have you had any surgeries on the abdomen in the past? Any previously diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have had womb removed but ovaries left in ovarian cysts no fever but pain is getting worse and have no energy hurts to walk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also had appendix out in the area
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.The kind of pain you describe can usually happen in a number of conditions but since you have had a surgery to remove the uterus (hysterectomy) I would put adhesions and scarring / fibrosis first on the list. This can compress nerves, predispose to hernias, and entrap intestines causing the pain and discomfort.Other than that, ovarian cysts, lower back problems etc. are all possible causes but present with associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, fever etc, which you did not mention having.I would suggest that you see your PCP at the earliest and have yourself examined. An ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen will be extremely beneficial.For now, an anti inflammatory pain killer like Tylenol 2 tablets every 6 to 8 hours will be helpful in alleviating the pain.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to say sometimes feel like I will pass out with pain it takes my breath away pain is there having spasms of terrible pain
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
That can occur with adhesions specially when intestines are being entangled in them. This causes intestinal cramping. The only definitive way of finding out is to have an ultrasound scan done.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.