Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I think I have Molluscum Contagiosum on my groin and penis

Hi I think I have Molluscum Contagiosum on my groin and penis but the bumps are barely visible to the naked eye is it possible to look at some pictures which are taken with a usb microscope if you look at one image which has a hair in it you can compare the size. The are not itchy. Possible had a few for 8 to 10 months but within the last few months quite a few more have appeared. I have had no sexual activity in that time. I have been using Benzol Peroxide the last week so some have dry skin surrounding them there is one on either groin and about 10 to 15 spread out on my penis. The images are uploaded here http://postimg.org/gallery/1fgxkzj76/7bfd1adc/
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes this is molluscum contagiosum lesion.You can consider prescription cantharidine or podophyllotoxin solution to apply over the lesion for removal.Liquid nitrogen therapy is another easy option in doctor's office.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/