Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

The last month or so, I've been waking up around 5am fairly

The last month or so, I've been waking up around 5am fairly regularly with a deep aching on the lower left side of my abdomen. It fades in an hour or so if I get up. I've also been able to feel 'bump' under the skin in the last few weeks on the left side just below the ribs. It's about the size of a finger tip.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,There can be many causes of such symptoms including hernia, spleen related or soft tissue mass and it can be even lipoma under the skin that is fat tissue. I would suggest you should get it thoroughly examined and get an ultrasound to diagnose the condition so that treatment can be suggested accordingly. Meanwhile you can take acetamenophen for pain relief. You might need stool routine examination depending upon the physical findings on examination. So you should visit your GP to get it examined properly.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, DoctorCan you tell me which of those causes are more likely to be giving me discomfort at a regular time in the early hours? I did visit my GP and he gave me a quick physical examination but either missed or disregarded the small bump. He settled on a diagnosis of bloatedness, prescribing mebeverine, but I'm interested in getting a second opinion.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for reply, It is very difficult to co relate the disease with time. As you have no typical symptoms i can not diagnose the condition right away. As you said no findings on examination as well, you can get ultrasound abdomen to rule out any disease related to structures in left lower abdomen and for peace of your mind.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best.