Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My boyfriend was bitten, we think by a mosquito, a day

Hello! My boyfriend was bitten, we think by a mosquito, a day ago. Since yesterday he has felt as though he can't take deep breaths and he thinks his heart beat is a little raised. We are in Thailand on holiday and have all our inoculations up to date. Should we be worried? Thanks, Beth.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
mosquitos in Thailand can spread Dengue fever, Malaria or Japanese encephelitis.
if he doesn't have fever, that is a good sign.
does he have other medical problems? does he have excessive anxiety symptoms? does he smoke?
did you get vaccinations before going to Thailand? there are no vaccines for Dengue fever.
I don't see anything to worry about if there is no fever and just a feeling of fast heart beat.
I would buy a thermometer to you can check his body temperature.
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No he doesn't suffer from anxiety or smoke and no he doesn't have a fever. Yes we did have our jabs before Thailand.He doesn't have much of an aperture but he doesn't feel sick. Could it just be a slight reaction to the bite then?Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Appetite*
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, sounds like a mild reaction to the bite.
no fever is good.
his appetite should come back.
that is good he doesn't feel sick.
this is the most important.
if the area is itchy from the mosquito bite, he can use hydrocortisone cream on the area
but I bet he will be fine.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com