Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had a really annoying twitch in my left lower eyelid

I have had a really annoying twitch in my left lower eyelid for over a week now. Have you any advice in getting rid of it please.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,common causes of eye twitch are stress caffeine, alcohol,lack of sleep, allergies and some nutritional imbalances and nerve problems. I would suggest you should clean the eye properly and put artificial tears and apply warm compresses to relieve eye lid muscle spasm. If your eye lid is dropping than go to ER straightaway as it can be sign of nerve problem. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Stay away from contact lenses.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long can this last for? Is it worthwhile carrying on drinking tonic water?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the reply.There is no time stamps on such things but on the average they shouldn't last for more than a month at a stretch. If it doesn't go away in a month then contacting your physician will be worth while. Yes, you can continue drinking the tonic water. Please do leave a positive rating for the service. Regards.