Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have had a problem with my throat three years now,

I have had a problem with my throat for about three years now, i am getting a lot off mucus build up that then when i go to bed i start to cough very deep, in return it starts to hurt when i eat, on my neck just before the ear but lower i get a lump it goes u then goes down again, in the past my doctor send me for a camera down my throat and he treated me for reflux, this all started three years ago when i was took into hospital for a liver condition cirrhosis, Over a period of about three hours i was just passing blood by my bum and mouth,
We have tried acid tablets but i think its more mucus what would you recommend please,
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Excessive mucus can be due to the environmental allergies, or underlying lung conditions like interstitial lung disease, or COPD.You will need a CT scan of the lungs with contrast, also a pulmonary function test.Medications like Tiotropium inhaler and Budesonide oral inhaler daily can be tried to control the symptoms.Also a bronchoscopy is suggested to collect the lug fluid for checking fungal or any bacterial infection or even malignancy.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/